Excellence in Support Service Award
The Excellence in Support Service Award is given to an individual who has contributed to support distance education/independent learning, with possible implications for other institutions. The award recognizes the person’s outstanding contributions and innovations to a distance education program via courses, recruitment, orientation, etc.
The nomination should describe the scope and relevance of the person’s contribution to distance education/independent learning.
This person’s outstanding work may include but is not limited to: setting up or improving a platform or template for course delivery; innovative use of materials and instructional strategies; developing innovative course design and structure, facilitating student learning in the distance education environment; and working with course instructors and students.
Persons who may qualify for consideration are instructional designers or developers, information technologists, and IT or enrollment support staff. The award includes a $100 stipend and a certificate from ADEIL.
Criteria for award consideration:
- The person nominating should be a member of ADEIL.
- An individual should have contributed innovations to a distance education program (via courses, recruitment, orientation, etc.). Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Innovation in course development or program administration
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Improvement of program management and/or processes
- Impact on students, faculty, and/or programs
The nomination letter should describe the scope and relevance of the person’s contribution to distance education/independent learning.
To make a nomination, complete the Support Service Nomination Form.
Nominations are due September 15, 2023