The Evan Smith Research Grant in Distance Education is an annual grant open to all students working on either a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation. Content must be distance education, online or e-learning, educational technology, or related to the field of distance education. Applicants must submit items from an approved research proposal.
Award Amount: up to $500
- Research Question
- Literature Review
- Timeline indicating the expected semester in which the thesis or dissertation will be defended
- Current enrollment in an accredited university master’s or Ph.D. program
- A consent form from an approved Institutional Review Board (IRB), as needed
- Proof of compliance with the degree-granting university regulations regarding the protection of human subjects in research and any required IRB approval
The final selection will be made based upon the following general criteria:
- Theoretically sound and evidence-based research as presented in the proposal
- Contribution to distance education pedagogy
All Evan Smith Research award recipients will present their research to the ADEIL organization via a webinar and are invited to present their research at the ADEIL annual conference.
Submit your grant proposal through the Evan Smith Research Grant Application.